my-first-successful-t-shirt-surgery_4321243346_o.jpg

I got a super cute “Tech Girl” t-shirt for Christmas that was kind of big on me, and I didn’t want to banish it to pajama land. I’ve made a couple of T-shirts before (short and long sleeve) and the end results were less than desirable. After doing a bit of reading and looking at lots of pictures, I finally mustered up the courage to try it again.

I was very disciplined about it instead of cutting and sewing on the fly like I usually do. Even used the dressmakers chalk! Spent a fair amount of time adjusting thread tension, which was interrupted by a drastic need to clean out the lint below the feed dogs. Basted, tried it on, seam ripped, re-basted, and frequently ran to the full length mirror in the other room to check my work.

Finally got it how I wanted it, and finalized the seams. Should have been a bit more industrious and used the serger for the final seams, but adjusting serger thread tension is more of a pain than adjusting the sewing machine.

Very happy with the results, and it has given me the courage to try it again!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s